Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Redeemed
I know I've been MIA lately. Since being home from London, it's been busy at work and at home. This past week I decided to take time for myself and read the whole book of Redeeming Love. I must say, this is by far my most favorite book I've read yet. I couldn't put it down. It's portrays such a beautiful picture of our relationship with God. Redeeming Love is a love story based off the book of Hosea.
Angel has lived through hell. Her life is marked by rejection and hardship. At age eight, her mother dies. She is sold to a child molester, and then eventually into prostitution. As a teenager, she escapes and travels west to California, hoping for a new start. But she doesn't have any useful skills, and so she turns back to prostitution, having no other way to survive. She doesn't know love, and she doesn't believe in God. All she knows is that she should have never been born.
Michael Hosea is a man of God who yearns for a wife. He is excited when God points Angel out to him as the one, and dismayed to learn that she is a prostitute. Still, he marries her, and day by day he courageously pursues her cold, dead heart, believing that one day she will fall in love with him and become the wife he longs for.
The author has captured the essence of the Gospel of Grace. Angel, the orphaned girl turned prostitute, exemplifies the sinful wreckage of humanity, our wanderlust, our hardness of heart. And Michael, however, reminds us of the Eternal God who will not rest in drawing us to Himself. We are redeemed in Christ!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment